Thursday, December 2, 2010

Today we worked on the portfolios and two students presented their book report essays. Most of the class was absent and I am dropping students today who are missing more than one essay assignment who have not communicated with me.

Homework is to complete the SE essay and send in via email by Friday, Dec. 3, 2010: coasabirenglish1B@gmail.com

Work on the portfolios. Presentations are Tuesday we will answer questions and wrap up a wonderful semester (smile). Thursday we will not meet.

I'll be around Monday from 9-11 AM in A232 to help anyone who drops by with the portfolio and with revisions. Remember, all the essays included in the portfolio have to be graded. The exception is The Angry Black White Boy essay which is the final.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fortune Andzouana Mban
Professor Sabir
English 1B
20 June 2011

Assignment #1 (in-class)

English 1B course focus on expository writing that will help students to develop their reading; writing and critical thinking skills. Thus, the syllabus is well designed and should be used as guideline for this class. It seems to be long at first, but it provides valuable information about the materials that students need to know during this summer’s program.

Homework #1

My name is Fortune Andzouana. I was born and raised in Congo-Brazzaville, Africa. I grew up in a big family amongst my brothers, sisters and parents. After Lyceum (which is the high school’s equivalent), I went to the former USSR in late 1988 to study. There I got married to the love of my life and our two children were born. I speak French, Russian and English and numerous African languages. I moved to the United States three years ago with my wife and children. In my spare time I like to play soccer and watch a variety of shows on TV.
My goal in this course is to expand my knowledge in American culture and English language especially in writing and critical thinking skills that I could use in the future for my education and help me excel in my career as well. I was admitted at Golden Gate University for my second Master Degree in Taxation for fall 2011. I hope this course will help my fluency in English for me to use my degree to the best of my ability.