Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Poetry

We're in the smaller writing lab today (L-231). It's on the opposite side of the Open Lab. If you have ever been to my office (L-236), one of my doors opens into it. If you were lost, I would have hoped you'd ask in the library--the reference librarian or someone behind a counter or desk where L-231 is.

We listened to the opening discourse on poetry from: The Spoken Word Revolution (slam, hip hop and the poetry of a generation).

I passed out Prologue, Part One: The Beat Remnants (1-29). I'll give you the rest of the selections from the rest of the book Tuesday. Read the handout. We'll talk about the poetry in class Tuesday, Dec. 2.

I forget my phone at home, so if you tried to call...this is why I didn't answer. Keep writing. If you email me, put English 1B in the heading so I can find it easier if I do a search.

We also watched the video: The Written Works: Exploring the World of Writing from Diary, to Dissertation, to Democracy

REMINDER: READ THE COLDEST WINTER EVER. WE WILL TALK ABOUT THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS NEXT WEEK AND THE FOLLOWING WEEK. WE'LL WRITE AN ESSAY IN TWO WEEKS. CHECK THE ASSIGNMENT LIST BELOW. THERE IS AN ESSAY DUE TODAY. KEEP A READING LOG FOR "WINTER." NOTE THE SCENES, CHARACTERS, THEMES, LANGUAGE AND AUTHOR'S WRITING. YOU WILL TURN IN THE LOG WITH THE ESSAY.

No comments: