Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Monday we had another presentation: Brittany, Miriam, and Sara on "Imagery in Poetry." I didn't get the exercise; however, students can post the answers to the exercise and a response here. Presenters comment on the experience and what you learned.

Audience, comment on what worked best.

Wednesday, we will look at Revision and the Portfolio Narratives. I have posted a portfolio checklist here as well. There are three other students who are to present. We can start tomorrow with their presentations.

Persepolis is now an extra credit essay. Students can submit it with the portfolio in the extra credit section. I will show you the author interview Thursday.

Next week, Monday, March 21, 2012, I will host a portfolio workshop, 9-12 and 1-3 in either A-205 or A-232. Our final is Friday, May 25, 8-10 AM in C-211. It can be a potluck if you like. Let me know.

The course portfolios are also due this day by 12 noon. Graduation is Friday, May 25 as well.

The poetry essay was due today via Internet: coasabirenglish1B@gmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie Heide
Prof. Sabir
16 May 2012
English 1B

Homework assgnment from the presentation.

The End

The parakeet sits silent
His once electric blue feathers now faded
He sits as still as a statue
Alas, he slowly slides
To the other side of his perch
As old and tathered as him
He gently grasps the cage bars
With his faded gray beak
Slowly slides down
Makes it to the bottom
Buries his head under the seed cup
And eternally falls alseep.

Anonymous said...

Marie Heide

Today, we listened to a presentation by Brittany, Miriam and Sara. I liked the way they worked as a team to present the material in a concise and comprehensible manner.

Anonymous said...

Billy Russell
Professor Sabir
17 May 2012
English 1B

The Sandwich

The bread in the sandwich is sweet
The lettuce is fresh and crunchy
Fried chicken is the type of meat
I take a bite because I have the muchies
The flavors harmonize in my mouth
As I stuff my face
While sitting on my couch
Eating at a splendid pace
The crunch of the lettuce is amazing
The tomatoes are almost too red
As I continue my grazing
I can still taste the sweet bread

The presentation and the powerpoint presentation by Brittany, Miriam and Sara was good. I thought they all worked as a team and appeared cool calm and collected while giving their presentation. I also liked the poster that helped to explain different types of imagery.